| HOW TO PLAY SUPER CELEB SHOWDOWN
1. Join a League
You can either create your own league and invite friends to play with you OR you can join an existing public league.
Choose celebs you would love to have on your team of 6 - these are your "draft picks". Pick about 48 celebs and put them in order with your first choice in first position, second choice in second position and so on.
Then the draft happens and everyone in your league is assigned a team of 6 celebs. You will receive an email with your team of 6 and the game begins!
The Super Celeb Showdown begins! Each week you'll play 2 of your 6 celebrities based on who you think will get pictured most in the entertainment magazine being used that week. You will also answer trivia questions every week to earn bonus points!
- Before the Showdown officially begins, you must create a draft of 48 celebs that you want on your final team of 6.
- To make this draft process easy on you, we've randomly selected 48 celebs from A list to D list and put them in the "Your Celeb Picks" column. If you're happy with this list and the order they're placed in just hit "Update Players" and you're done!
- If you think you can make a better draft list, just swap out these celebs for others by dragging them back and forth from the left and right columns.
- Next, you may place "Your Celeb Picks" in order of preference by dragging them up and down the column, placing first choice celebs in first position, second choice in second position and so on.
- You may reorder your celeb picks anytime before the draft occurs, but no more changes are allowed after the draft is administered by Celebrity Beehive!
- After the draft happens, you will receive an email with your 6 celebs and the Contest begins! (Don't worry, if one of them is a dud, you can swap them out later!)
LIST OF MAGAZINES AND POINTS:
- Us Weekly
- In Touch
- Life & Style
Each week, one magazines
will be used to score points.
- Points for each magazine:
- Primary cover picture: 25 points
- Secondary cover picture: 10 points
- Inside magazine picture: 3 points
- No pick: 0 points
- Pictures in advertisements do not count.
- Advertorials (paid or promotional spreads) do not count.
- The celebrity's face must be showing and the star must be recognizable (they can't be blurry in the background). Exception: If the celebrity is in a costume (Halloween or movie costume) but it is clearly captioned as that celebrity, you will still earn a point.
- The same celeb can not be played more than two weeks in a row. If a user tries to do this, they will receive 0 points.
SWAPPING OUT A CELEB FOR ANOTHER:
If one of your players is a dud, feel free to swap them out. You get one free swap each game. In the Super Celeb Showdown, a second swap will cost you 100 points so think that one through!
Do your research! When submitting your draft picks and choosing your two celebs to play each week ask yourself these questions:
- Who is getting married soon? (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were everywhere!)
- Who has a big premiere coming up and a new movie coming out? (remember all the coverage the Twilight cast members got!)
- Is someone headed to rehab or to jail?
- Did someone just get arrested?
- Is one of your female celebs having a baby? (lots of celebs land covers with exclusive baby pictures)
- Is one of your celebs having a big birthday bash? (Diddy got lots of coverage with his $3 million party)
- Is a celeb scandal just getting started? You may luck out and have a celeb who lands two covers in a row so be sure to play them both weeks (Tiger Woods had lots of magazine covers for a few weeks).
- Remember, you'll always know the magazines in advance so be sure to look at who they've been covering most lately. And does one of your celebs have an exclusive coming up with a certain magazine? (ex: Kourtney Kardashian's baby pics in Life & Style)
- Try to keep up on the latest reality TV show news and celebrity gossip so you'll get all the trivia answers correct! You'll be on a timer so the quicker you answer, the more points you'll get!
- When thinking about swapping one of your players, pick your new celeb carefully. Don't just pick a new celeb because they got arrested and may score a few pictures. Will the scandal continue on for weeks (Tiger comes to mind here) or just fade out quickly (Lindsay has too many to count)? Don't be hasty....think it through!